The Soybean Processors Association of India, popularly known as SOPA, is the only national level body representing the soybean processors, farmers, exporters and brokers in India working towards the aim to strengthen soybeans as a viable crop.
The main objective of SOPA is to encourage the development and promotion of Soy-Based products in the interest of the farmers as well as the processors.
SOPA was established in 1979 with its headquarters at Indore in the state of Madhya Pradesh, the main soybean-growing region of India. SOPA is represented on all the important committees, Govt. Bodies, Export Promotion Departments and on various Ministerial advisory committees like Commerce, Foreign Trade, Agriculture, and Foods etc.
SOPA’s headquarters has been set up on a spacious 4-acre area. The association has a well-equipped office, conference hall, boardroom, and analytical and research laboratory. There are 115 Processing units in India processing Soybean with modern processing technology. The technological excellence of the Soya processing units has earned a very good name for the Indian Soybean Meal in the international market.
- To Undertake the Transfer of Technology for Increased Yield & Productivity.
- To Educate farmers through Agri-Extension Programmes and Front Line Demonstrations (thru ICAR/DSR).
- To Facilitate the availability of Good Quality Seed thru Seed Multiplication Programme.
- To Promote larger usage of Soya Food Products for better Health & Nutrition.
- To Promote Soya Processing & Export of meal and value-added Soya Food Products from India.